SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momrules5831

Anyone Watching/Watched Get Back?

runninginplace
2 years ago

I actually subscribed to Disney+ just to watch this series. While never a Beatles fanatic as a boomer of course they were formative musical voices for me. So I was eager to watch what was billed as a rare inside view of their world packed with interesting moments.

However, I'm finding it rather a hard slog. Have just started the second 2-hour episode and man, does anything else ever happen except for them endlessly noodling around rehearsing, occasionally jamming by singing old songs interspersed with sitting around speculating on how they will create the tv show that never happened? Obviously I've got a long (long long long) 4 more hours to go but I'm finding my interest waning mightily right now. They just decamped to the Apple makeshift studio so please tell me things get a bit more lively there LOL.

I guess I am feeling at this point that Peter Jackson was a bit too enamored of having hundreds of hours of footage and decided to use a whole lot more than was really needed to make his point. There are a few riveting moments: scenes of the early days relationships of John and Paul with their soon-to-be-wives (and how annoying is Yoko sitting right there with the band while they work?!). Or George Harrison quietly getting more and more frustrated till he quietly says he is quitting and walks away-then comes quietly back.

Curious what others thought of it?

Comments (4)