SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnnm

My Thanksgiving Holiday Redecorating Nightmare (LOL)!!!

LynnNM
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Our 27 y/o daughter and her boyfriend are here from Dallas until this coming Sunday, a 15-day holiday trip visiting with us, as they can work via the internet these days. Months ago, DH and I spent a looong time shopping for a very comfortable sleeper sofa for our guest room, finally found one, and bought it. It WAS supposed to arrive before Thanksgiving, but because of Covid/shipping delays, will now probably not get here until January . . . or March. Ugh!!!!

And so, of course, our 4 y/o very nice inflatable guest bed chose the day before the "kids" arrived to develop multiple leaks. We tried patching them, but more just developed and DH had to quickly run out to buy another motorized inflatable bed. Thank goodness he could find one this close to the holidays! The kids tell me it's actually very comfortable.

And then, in their spare time together, DD and DH have decided that her old bedroom (formerly our second guest room) would make a great workout room, and just went at it! So far, they've set up our Bowflex in there, brought in the free weights, Bodyblades, etc. They've taken down all the artwork off the walls, her bedding, rugs, a chair, etc., and deposited them in OUR bedroom and up and down the bedroom hallway for the time being! They're now getting ready to dismantle her bed in there, and are asking me to find someplace to donate it so that our Elliptical can be dragged in there next. Oh, and to add a tv so that "we" can workout to exercise videos if we choose. They did, thankfully, hang a number of DH's nature-themed artwork from our clinic (he's retired) on the walls in there, so we do have less art stacked behind doors now. And to top it off, their little 9-pound dog, our grandbaby India, keeps getting lost or stuck in the middle of all these stacks, as she has dementia. Oh, and DH wants us to next replace the curtains and window seat cover in there with "more appropriate" colors (LOL)! This house looks like someone turned it upside down and shook it! I have no idea when things will get back to a new normal, or when I'll be able to start decorating for Christmas. The kids will be back here for Christmas, too . . . which we do love. It's just going to be a very crazy couple of months around here! And to think, up until last week, I happily and contentedly considered our home to be completely decorated!

Comments (13)