SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathleenmk

Paint and carpet choices for resale

kathleen MK
2 years ago

A cracked sewer pipe repair is leading to a massive redo just as we were staring to look at retirement property. ( If you live in an older home make sure you have a home owners' insurance rider on those cast iron pipes!) They start jack hammered in my daughter's old room next week so we thought we'd get new carpet although insurance won't pay. I plan to find mid range carpet with a blend of grey and beige. Any suggestions?

While the carpet and everything is out we might as well paint. Hubby says we should ride that grey trend for resale. It is a small bedroom with North facing window under a shade tree. So I think it should be a warm white like the Behr Swiss Coffee or Southern Breeze in the adjoining rooms. I think Zillow's recommendation of aged Beige is too dark. We have semi gloss Ultra White trim and would use an eggshell finish on the walls. Would it be too stark to just do a bright white? The furniture is vintage mid century in a medium wood. Adjoining rooms are full of that lovely Golden Oak paneling a la 1970.

I would love to hear some of the color experts' opinions.

Comments (5)