SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
snwbdr94

Range hood questions

snwbdr94
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Here is yet another ventilation question. I figure I would just post the set up I have in mind and hope some folks could chime in on anything I may have missed.

Wife and I are building a new home and will be purchasing a Blue Star RNB 36" w/ griddle. 22k BTU fronts, 15k rear, and simmer. Working with Accurex, our hood size will be 45"Lx30"Wx30H". 2 Lights, 2 20" baffles. Mounted 72" - 80" off the finished floor. We are on the short side but thinking if taller folks are around, having the height would be good. External blower will be XRUD-099-VG. Overall, will this be sufficient for our range?

I cannot comment on the MUA situation as I haven't talked with the HVAC contractors yet. Trying to get this squared away as best as possible.

Our controls I would like some ideas on how to streamline it. Currently it will be a light switch to turn the blower on/off that will go through a vari speed dial to adjust the blower speed. I haven't been able to find a simpler solution that costs under $1000 but I'm sure someone here has an idea. Thanks in advance!

Edit: @opaone @kaseki figure I should tag you two.

Comments (21)