SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux_gw

Sandwich ideas.....

mtnrdredux_gw
2 years ago

One real,one for giggles.

First the real. We had a large group over for lunch on Friday. I decided to do a panini bar.

We had sourdough, brioche, and multigrain bread. Cheddar, muenster and brie. Turkey, ham, roast beef, bacon, and pepperoni. Arugula, spinach, tomato, apple, onion. For condiments, everything from assorted mustards to mayo, cranberry sauce, fig jam, and horseradish. I'm sure I forgot something but you get the idea.

People assembled their sandwiches and brought them to my sous chef who helped me man the panini maker and brush the sandwiches with butter. She also kept track of whose was whose as she put them in the warming oven till all were done. I served them with chips, crudites and clementines. It was a big hit and lots of fun. We had people make a very wide variety of sandwiches; I was surprised how different each was. DH said it shows you how much better it is than making one thing.

Now for the giggles. We were up till 130am last Wednesday making homemade bolognese for Wed. night. Then we had to let it cool, etc. 2am one my kids comes down to make toast. The toaster doesn't work. DH takes it apart, claims he can rig it to make it work, but it can't be fixed because they no longer have parts for that particular toaster. It was a a 22 yr old Dualit, may it RIP. The kids use the broiler while I go online to do toaster research. DH still fiddling. I am a big fan of Dualit, we have one in Maine but I just wanted to see what's out there.

I came across this one on Amazon, You must watch the video, where they demonstrate how to make what they must assume are common sandwiches ....

Sent me into a fit of giggles, then again by then it was 3am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dUzs-KDSEo

Comments (32)