SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carrie_brough

Bedroom Dormer Window Design Ideas Needed!

Carrie
2 years ago

Hello! It’s time for my boyfriend’s house to receive a massive design upgrade. While most of the house can be fixed up with a few coats of paint and new flooring, the upstairs bedrooms are presenting to be a huge problem and I would love your opinions!

His primary bedroom has a dormer that isn’t centered on the wall with small closets built into the knee walls on each side. There’s no doors on the closets, and the dormer is very long and narrow, leaving me with no idea how to effectively use the space. The whole bedroom lacks very much usable wall space (see pictures) so I’d love if there was a way to make the space more usable for storage. Right now, the furniture looks like it’s just thrown in the room instead of intentionally placed.

We don’t have the budget to do any type of remodel, so ideas on how to use what we currently have would be ideal, whether that be what to place in the dormer, how to place the furniture, how to cover the closets to make them look more finished, etc. Thanks in advance!

Comment (1)