SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brittneysgran

FOTESS Christmas Card Swap - 2021

brittneysgran
2 years ago

As always, this is going to be a very simple swap: If you sign up, you will be sending a holiday card to 3 of your FOTESS Friends. You may include seeds if you wish but totally up to you. The card can be store bought or made by your loving hands. I will send you the names of the 3 FOTESS Friends you will be sending to.

Comments (94)

• bluee19
    2 years ago

Happy Monday Funday!!

Christmas cards have been mailed out

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    2 years ago

My cards are being mailed today!

Heidi sent you an e-mail with names for cards. Hope you have gotten them.

• Related Discussions

5th Annual FOTESS Holiday Card Swap!

Q

Comments (182)
    Good Morning, Ladies! And Happy 2017! Well, I checked thro the posts and I'm thinking that everyone who signed up to send cards for this swap, has done so. THANK YOU - Nicole, Katie, Mandy, Alana, Heidi, Jessica, Margo, Amy, Annie, Beth, Jeanne, Faye, and Shirley! Once again, Ladies, you have helped make this special swap, very special for me. I really appreciate the time you take to send the cards. Thank you! Now, if you have received a card and haven't posted yet, please do so. This thread will always be open, so if you have cards you haven't acknowledged, please let us know. I'll be posting the January Swap some time this week. Haven't got all the bugs worked out yet! And Ladies, we need a hostess for the March Swap - any volunteers? Have a great first day of the New Year! Shirley!
    ...See More

6th Annual FOTESS Holiday Card Swap!

Q

Comments (195)
    Interesting....three cards that I sent were received (Shirleysjc, Breanne and Ellie, Darrins wife) and another three cards that I sent are somewhere, wherever somewhere is.....RE: the three cards that are "somewhere", those persons have not been on here to post that they received from anyone. So either they have been out of town or they have not received or they have received and have not gotten on here to post. Off memory, I have received FOTESS cards from Shirley (sjc), Shirley (brittneysgran), Maggie and Breanne. I did post for each one but am not sure if they are still visible....posts do have a way of disappearing....kind of like Samantha on "Bewitched" LOL! Shirley, I do enjoy your December FOTESS swap. Thanks so much! Happy Thursday!! Annie
    ...See More

**7th Annual FOTESS Holiday Card Swap**

Q

Comments (293)
    Urooj, thank you for the beautiful jeweled card! I was surprised to receive a FOTESS card, and a little sheepish. I started to join this swap, but the instructions said I needed to have participated in a swap this year, and I'm ashamed to say, if I had, I couldn't remember it. I have not done much in the way of swaps this year at all. Hope everyone is having a great holiday, and again, thank you to JDMom78. I loved it!
    ...See More

OBF - 2019 CHRISTMAS CARD SWAP

Q

Comments (140)
    Annie and Jayeanne (LOL) glad you liked the britches. Annie I bought a pair of these in a craft store just so I could make them. Jayeanne you won two games so thought you might like the lip balms and bookmark. For the ladies who are wondering what the tag on the britches says: I am not so poor Nor do I have riches But I thought you'd like This pair of britches Happy Days to you And best of wishes This gift will help You do your dishes Just untie the bows And pull out the stitches You'll have two dish clothes But...You've lost your britches
    ...See More
  • xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    2 years ago

I got your message! My cards are going out! We had a skiff of snow that lasted a day and a half. It got us all in the Christmas mood! Heidi

• Susan Nieves - Happy Ohio Gardener
    2 years ago

I mailed out my cards today. Our weather in Ohio has been all over the place We have temperatures in the 50s today and tomorrow.

2 years ago

Melinda, Thank you for the beautiful card. I love anything with glitter!  Heidi

• bluee19
    2 years ago

Jeanne ~ thank you for the holly jolly Christmas card and cute gingerbread word search!! Merry 11 days early Christmas!!

• Melinda Hagen
    2 years ago

Lovely snowy scene card with butter cream poppy and Moulin rouge zinnias from Jayeanne! Thank you so much!!!

• canyonwind
    2 years ago

GOT MAIL from a lovely FOTESSER....

Jeanne, thanks so much for the HOLLY JOLLY RED TRUCK CHRISTMAS card....And the Gingerbread word search. I so enjoy these word search's....good for the brain!!

Hoping you enjoy a very Merry Christmas in your new home.....Cheers to a healthy and happy 2022. Be well and be safe!!

Annie

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Yeah our Christmas Cards are arriving:

Love this time of year and getting Christmas cheer!

• ruthz
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Got Happy Mail from Annie.

A very pretty glittery Merry Christmas card with wildlife and snowy scenery.

And of course glitter inside (LOL) and a surprise.

Thank you and

Wishing you a Wonderful Christmas and New Year.

2 years ago

Twinkle was gonna need a bigger tree.

• pinkiris
    2 years ago

Jeanne ... THANK YOU for the Holly Jolly merry little white sparkly Christmas card, love this card... and the gingerbread word search puzzle will keep me busy one of these evenings ... wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas and a healthy Happy New Year!

• pinkiris
    2 years ago

Our mail folks here decided to run twice today ... its an unfortunate repeat of last year ... Monday we had no mail service, today we have mail delivered 2x ... some days we get mail ...some days we get no mail service ...

Annie ... THANK YOU for the absolutely beautiful ornaments MERRY CHRISTMAS card covered in sparkles and glitter! love it! and yep! have your amazing red and green confetti ALL over the place! LOL ... and sticking that little something lucky in my kate spade bag for the next night out, LOL ...very much appreciated, Annie ... wishing you and all yours a very Merry Christmas and a healthy Happy 2022 Year!

• pinkiris
    2 years ago

Nicole ... THANK YOU for the nostalgic Christmas carolers card covered in glitter and sparkles! wow what a breath taking card! love it .... and you have spoiled me rotten with so many new to me seeds love the selection you so generously shared ... sunset buff calendula - cant wait to grow these! edible chrysantheum shung iku - wow - never heard of before but will most definitely grow these! gailardia indian blanket flower - will winter sow, butterfly milkweed, my butterflys will so appreciate these! white bachelor buttons! this was at the top of my 'to buy before spring list' LOL a flower mix, sante fe grande pepper - have not grown before so excited to try these and teddy bear sunflowers! these are my all time favorite sunflowers to grow, I grow them in a couple of my wine barrels and they do amazing! thank you so much Nicole, very much appreciated! wishing you and yours a Very Merry Christmas and a healthy Happy 2022 Year!

P.s. I know you made a note on the card for FOTESS and secret santa... BUT ... Ive decided to post here in FOTESS .... many thanks Nicole!

• bluee19
    2 years ago

pinkiris ~ ur welcome and so glad the card came on time!!

• smitties
    2 years ago

Thankyou Melinda for the beautiful Christmas card. Merry Christmas to you as well.

• Melinda Hagen
    2 years ago

A beautiful card from Beth came today! Loved it! Yes, hope we do many more swaps together!

2 years ago

My pictures used to post larger.

We had terrible windstorms across Nebraska yesterday. I'm glad we knew it was coming. 40-50 mph winds with gusts up to 75. It looked like the old-time dust bowl they talk about from the dirty 30s. Then came a few drops of water, then a few snowflakes. Some ice where the rain fell. Today it's all gone. Sunny and happy, no water/snow/ice. Nature is amazing.

Crazy Heidi story. We are boiling water in the house because it's too dry. I filled the pan with water and added some dish soap so it would smell good. My husband came home and made soup with the water. He couldn't figure out why he didn't feel good for 24 hours! Soap Soup! (Evidently it tasted fine.)

Heidi

• sandlapper_rose
    2 years ago

Heidi, if when you look at a picture others have posted and you click on them, it enlarges them so that helps.

JAN. - FEB, Swap

I wanted to pass this information along but will post it for sign ups in a week or so - watch for it. I signed up to host a round robin type swap in Jan. and Feb. Of course I have no way to know how many will sign up but I am hopeful we can complete it in 2 months. That means, once the package comes to you, you need to remail it quickly. So a bit of planning ahead might help.

Some of this might change slightly but I'm posting it now so you can be thinking ahead and maybe also make some things now that you would like to include..

I will have the package ready to go to the first person immediately after sign ups end.

We are keeping the items small and lightweight since postage is so high. Please do not include anything large or heavy in the box/padded envelope since the items will go from house to house. If what comes to you fits in a padded envelope safely that's fine or use a small box. Priority mail is recommended so the package will move along quickly. At a minimum, make sure there is a tracking number.

What the box will contain:

• SEEDS – any kind (vegetable, herb, flowers, even non-flowering plants)
    • SMALL flat items like cards, post cards, seed packets, gift tags, bookmarks - handmade or purchased (different from the next category because here, the item will be completely made before being sent)
    • EMBELLISHMENTS: Small flat craft or seed packet embellishments : a spool of ribbon, a small container of glitter, decorative stickers to use on packages or to decorate seed envelopes, sprigs of artificial greenery to tie on a gift package, confetti, or something similar that can be included with a card, craft paper for making cards (if garden related, all the better) These are items to be used by the recipient so she can make things

Keep in mind that the two categories above may allow you to reuse some Christmas cards or gift wrapping!

• RECIPES AND PRINTED GAMES: favorite recipe, a printed crossword or word search puzzle or one where you try to figure out the solution using logic, garden suggestions written down, Mad Libs (purchased or made up by you)

I expect most members will treat this as a seed swap, but I wanted some other choices included in case when it gets to you, you don't find seeds that you are interested in or that are suitable for your garden area. If there is someone who has quite a collection of seeds to add, let me know and you can go towards the beginning of the swap so the quantity to select from will be greater. I will definitely put in at least 6 packets of seeds as well as at least 6 each of the other items when I send it out but I know for most that's not a significant quantity to choose from when it comes to seeds.

Take no more than half of any one type of item and before you resend, you need to add the number you took of the same type of items so take 5 seed packets, add 5 seed packets, take 3 printed games and recipes, add 3 of those, etc. Other than to get us a good start with extra choices of seeds, I suggest we stick to the take no more than half and add back the number you took so the package doesn't get too large.

If anyone has suggestions to make this an organized swap that gets completed in time, let me know.

Wishing you Happy Holidays and thanks for participating in FOTESS. What great friends we have here!

• ruthz
    2 years ago

Jeanne, not sure if this will be helpful or not.

I do plan to sigh up for the swap and I was thinking seeds.

I can add extra seeds if you want me to. I'm sure you'll post all of this on the sign up post, but what about a limit of packs on the same kind of seeds. An example is, I noticed today that one big pod of my purple datura seeds is cracking and will be ready soon. It should have lots of seeds.

I know we don't want a lot of the same ones but probably more than one pack.

I can also do the other things except I don't think I'm good at creating games and puzzles.

Gotta go. Hubby texted that UPS is about to deliver a big package.

Maybe start and end the sign ups early so the swap can get started early.

• sandlapper_rose
    2 years ago

Thanks for sharing your ideas, Ruth. I will add a rule about how many packets of the same seeds you can add - you are so right --- don't want the choice to be that you can take up to half of the 24 packs of carrot seeds (nothing against carrots, just an example). I would also appreciate it if someone in the group with a variety of seeds and more than the 6 packs to share (thinking here of what I guess we would call "bonus seeds" that you can spare as a donation to get us started by adding yours) will contact me by message or email in advance of the swap because I will select someone like that to receive the package first so extra seeds can be added right at the beginning. After that, we don't want to go above a set amount.

Those who are not interested in taking or adding things like word games, embellishments, etc. --- no problem. You will take and replace from 1 or more of the types of items according to what you want to do.

• smitties
    2 years ago

Thankyou to Heidi for the pretty Christmas card with the nice note. msrry Christmas to you.

Thankyou to JayeAnne for the pretty card full of seeds. Three types of ornamental peppers, two types of tomato, zinnia, poppy and coleus. Excited to grow it all. A big thank for the festive confetti too!

• l1oness
    2 years ago

Thank you Nicole for the fun holiday Panda card - he's so cute! And the seeds! Bright Lights Cosmos, Salad burnett, white cypress vine and Pale Pink Dwarf Milady Aster. So excited! I actually grinned at the stickers too - that's just fun!

In the mail today I also received a beautiful handmade card from Heidi, with a polka dot envelope (love it!). Inside she tucked Pow Wow Wild Berry coneflower seeds and Lion's tail seeds - a perfect addition to my garden!

My cards are going out on Saturday!

• canyonwind
    2 years ago

Annie Got Mail from a wonderful FOTESSER....

Susan (Happy Ohio Gardener)....sent me a perfect SNOWMAN card with birds frolicking all around the snowman.....such a happy card!!! Now, I especially like this because I have not built a snowman in years. We don't get the snow some of you get....you can build a family of snowmen and snow women daily. I can't do squat.....I see on the Hallmark Channel Christmas movies, where they have snowmen contests....I just laugh. I have never been so lucky to participate in one of those contests but I would love it.!! Susan, thank you for the seeds....Snapdragons Chantilly Summer Flame, Basil Italian leaf and Purple Jalapeno Pepper. PERFECT!!!

Susan, Merry Christmas wishes for you and yours. Enjoy your family!!

Annie

2 years ago

Happy Friday everyone!

2 years ago

Jeanne,

I have many seeds. Many different kinds and quite a few of each kind. Mostly flowers. Small packets that would travel well in The Box! I can add more seeds to the package than I keep so there are more choices. I just couldn't stop saving seeds this summer. I still have a box after my Christmas card swaps (I sent 120 cards). Oh...the addiction!!

Annie, I saw a tire snowman. You lay 3 tires on top of each other like Oreos. Then turn the fourth tire up like a face.. Paint them white, add a face to the open upturned tire, embellish with scarf, hat, etc. I still want to make some and put among my pine trees on the corner so they peek through. It's on my to-do list! You can visit anytime and make a snowman (when we have snow--so not yet). Heidi

• ruthz
    2 years ago

Thank you to Beth for the pretty Christmas card.

Wishing Beth and all of you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Heidi, loved your soap soup story.

It's a humid 74 degrees here today. I finally got around to doing a little decorating in spite of the fact that the ceiling needs more paint. I had to clean out a lot of stuff and the entire LR and kitchen was covered in plastic. I'm not doing it again until after Christmas. I'm hoping to get some presents wrapped today too. My daughter bought us a new tv for Christmas and it was delivered today instead of the scheduled 21st. So until I get finished, everything is a big mess.

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Susan N. - that cartoon is great. Can't quit laughing.

Heidi - love your cartoon, cute.

Jeanne - Jan. and Feb, swap sounds great. Can't wait until it reaches me.

Received two Christmas cards today:

Heidi thanks for you beautiful homemade card and Lion's Tail and Pow Wow Wild Berry Coneflower seeds. I look forward to Spring planting because of all the awesome seeds I can plant each year.

Jayeanne thanks for your Season's Greetings card with the red truck. I collect these trucks and have the red one. Also received seeds Buttercream Poppy and Moulin Rouge Zinnia.

I hope to plant a lot of annuals and perennials for cut flowers so I can sell them at market. Zinnias, Cannas and others did well this year.

• pinkiris
    2 years ago

Heidi ... THANK YOU ... for the absolutely beautiful glittery blue, white & silver embossed handmade Merry Christmas card ... I just love this card, Heidi ... you always amaze me with your creative abilities ... always love seeing your masterpieces you create! I appreciate the delphinium King Arthur (have never grown delphiniums - so a new one to try!) and the Coneflower Cheyenne spirit seeds you also included, I have had great success with winter sowing your coneflowers you have shared so generously with me over the many years, my birds love the coneflower seeds in the winter months ... good hearing from you and glad to hear 'life is good' ... wishing you and all yours a Very Merry Christmas and wishing you many blooms for a Happy New 2022 year!

• sandlapper_rose
    2 years ago

I received my lovely FOTESS card, Shirley, and thank you for the Cosmos seeds. They usually grow well for me.

Yesterday was a lovely day, not just the weather, but I baked Christmas cookies and went to the Cary Lantern Festival which was so beautiful and interesting. Highly recommend it if you are ever in the area when it's offered. This year, it's scheduled from late Nov. through early Jan.

I will try to post the Jan. - Feb. round robin in a few days so even if people are very busy with holiday events and preparations, they will still get a chance to sign up. Thank you for the suggestions that you passed along.

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend.

• ruthz
    2 years ago

Susan, Thank you for the beautiful snowman card and awesome seeds.

Susan sent Sonata cosmos and two varieties of Godetia grandiflora seeds, Salmon and White. I've never grown Godetia. I'm excited to try growing all of these.

Merry Christmas

• sandlapper_rose
    2 years ago

Jayeanne, thank you for the sparkly Christmas card. I love it! Have a very Merry Christmas.

• bluee19
    2 years ago

Happy Mail came from Heidi and Susan N.

Thanks so much Heidi for your Christmas card, did you make it? Its so festive!! I love the colors you use, blue and silver. Thank you for your kind words and the delphium king arthur and echinacea cheyenne spirit seeds you shared with me.

Susan N ~ a very cute Christmas card with cardinals surrounding Mr. Snowman and thanks for sharing el dorado zinnias, sonata cosmos, and tall deluxe snapdragons.

Happy 5 days early Christmas!!!

• canyonwind
    2 years ago

GOT MAIL.

Miss Heidi sent me a a special homemade card....beautifull....beautiful....beautiful!! A Bright and Glistening card!! And a lovely note inside.....Heidi, friendship is golden!! And FOTESS is golden as well. Love the seed selection....Echinaea Cheyanne Spirit and Delphinium King Aurthur.

Wishing you, your husband and family a joyous Christmas....and Cheers to a beautiful 2022.

Annie

2 years ago

I have FOTESS mail!

Today I received a beautiful Christmas card from Shirley. It is a snowy scene with a red truck, circa 1940s and a brick house, a deer in the yard which reminds me of my own home with our huge deer population. Many thanks for the joyful Christmas wishes and the giant gray striped sunflower seeds.

Also, thank you so much Nicole for the beautiful Christmas card with a small child hand feeding the little birds in midst of a snowy winter day. I love the message Too. Kindness is like snow. It beautifies everything it covers.

2 years ago

And thank you also Nicole for the wonderful generous assortment of 8 different varieties of seeds. I will enjoy planting all of them in 2022. I haven’t grown many of these including the corn marigold and red amaranth, my mom had Chinese lanterns many years ago and they were beautiful and I have always wanted to grow them. The Chinese houses look so unique also and it will be the first time I grow them as well. I wish you the best holiday season and a happy and healthy 2022 files with blessings.

• l1oness
    2 years ago

Thank you Beth (Kodiak) for the card that just arrived. I love the poem!

Christmas is a lovely link

between old years and new

That keeps the bond of friendship

and of love forever true.

- Helen Steiner Rice

My cards went in the mail so hopefully they will start landing soon!

2 years ago

Merry Christmas

• sandlapper_rose
    2 years ago

Merry Christmas, everyone! I was a bit under the weather today but had gotten together with family last evening so just enjoyed some rest and Christmas movies today. We all got to talk and exchange gifts (some through the mail). As always, the Christmas season is wonderful! I will post the Jan. - Feb. swap really soon. I thought I would have gotten to it before now, but things have been so busy here.

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Good to hear from you Jeanne and Susan. So busy and with this awesome 70 degree weather I can't sit in the house. Almost have my Christmas items put away.

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Ha Ha Santa sounds like me Heidi!

Thank you Mandy for the beautiful Happy Holidays Reindeer card and the Sweet Williams seeds.

I have one of my greenhouses ready to go for seed planting.....can't wait

2 years ago

Thank you Katie! So many Christmas cards this year have birds and I love them.  
    A hreenhouse! Oh what fun!
    Heidi

• sandlapper_rose
    2 years ago

I'm posting the Jan. - Feb. Round Robin Swap so I hope this gives everyone time to see it and sign up if they want with the few extra days tacked on - although by now we are very close to January - so I'm not as early as I expected. Two or three members offered to add extra seeds and they will get the package towards the beginning of the swap so there can be a wider variety and a larger number of packs to choose from when it comes to you.

• bluee19
    2 years ago

Ruthz ~ thank you so much for the cute card and wonderful seed varieties you shared with me!!!