SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_523083381

Are these tile mistakes egregious?

Lora P
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

We are building a house and are installing tile. We asked for staggered 12X24 tile in some places and mentioned the tile manufacturer said 33% max overlap, but they ignored or missed that part and went ahead with 50% overlap as apparently that's what most people want around here. I did not specify an amount of stagger as I really didn't care 0 to 33% max and I wanted them to do what made the most sense with the space. It doesn't look bad, just not what we expected and isn't what was recommended by the manufacturer.
Second, we asked for some of the Schluter-Kerdi shelves. The corner one was installed by notching the top tile to get the entire shelf between the tiles instead of just the tabs as instructed even though the grout line is big enough at 1/8 of an inch.
I'm just not sure how much of a fuss to raise about these issues. I'm not thrilled that things were not done per instructions but is it enough to ask them to redo it? Help?I can't seem to post pics on here but I'll try in the comments

Comments (11)