SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
striddy_huene

Master bath wall tile and sliver wall tile

Striddy Huene
2 years ago

Hey all,

Wanted your input here on what to do because these slivers at the top of my wall tile near the ceiling are driving me nuts. My contractor put 1" sliver up at the top to get the floor to ceiling tile look. I get his rationale in terms of starting with a full tile on the bottom. I am not sure what could have been done here (grout width is 1/8), even if I has done 3/16 it wouldn't be enough to rid of the sliver. This wall tile also wraps around our entire bathroom (48"height) throughout the vanity. Had it not, I maybe could have played around with the ratio a bit to start with not a full tile at the bottom.

Should I just wait until we grout this to see if it still bothers me, or should I ask him to remove that sliver and I will live with an inch off from the ceiling not being tiled? Is this just too much to ask to redo?

His work otherwise seems intentional, I appreciate the little things like making my niches in symmetrical as best as he could (given there is a vertical 2X6 impeding it. We talked about starting the niche at the 48" mark, but that height is a little too tall for me to comfortably reach bottles etc. And given the constraints, I thought this was done well. He also lined up the curb grout lines with the wall line, etc. Not a fan of the corner small pieces, but I can live with it, they're symmetrical.

It's my first remodel. I know know what I am most obsessed with is how the tile is placed and should have mapped this out entirely grout width included.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida