SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grant_6656

I think I may have really screwed up...

Grant Forssberg
2 years ago

I completed a porch project just a couple of days ago, replacing an 80-year old plain concrete stoop with a (grayish) bluestone tread and brick riser/side stoop. There was a lot of hand-wringing over bluestone choices and I thank the community for aiding in that.

The plan was to paint the brick white to match the chimney, which had been painted white by the previous owner. The chimney wasn't in good shape.

Now, as the construction has quit and its pending paint, I wonder whether the plan to paint perfectly good brick makes sense--and whether its even going to look good with the paint. Problem is, I don't think it look goods sans paint as I didn't go to great lengths to get the perfect brick to match the siding. I've gotten some feedback and it hasn't been the best. Once I got started along this line of thinking, I didn't see the forest for the trees.

Anyways, I'm wrecked about the whole thing and wanted to see what people thought...and if it doesn't look good, what I can do to rectify that.

Comments (32)