SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancymstellato

white kitchen cabinets and Ge cafe matte white appliances

Nancy
2 years ago

I really like the look of the matte white GE appliances with the bronze finishes. I want white cabinets but prefer a warmer white shade. I have heard SW Rock Candy is a match on the matte white appliance color, however I don’t want to “match” the white & find this color very cold. Any suggestions on a warm white shade ( prefer Benjamin Moore as cabinet makers seem to work with this)that will look nice with these appliances? It’s a small ranch renovation leaning toward modern/clean farmhouse. Thank you for your feedback.

Comments (23)

• calidesign
    2 years ago

You don't have to match whites completely. It also depends on your lighting, your wall color, your countertops, and your flooring color/material. If you're painting current cabinets, I would install everyting else first (including new lighting if you're doing that) and then choose the paint color last, or at the end at the same time as your backsplash.

• Sandra
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

If interested...the Magnolia color on Schuyler cabinetry (Lowes) does match perfectly to the GE white matte. It's a new shade so I wonder if they developed it to match. It does have a cold grey shading and we're experimenting with lighting to see if we can warm it up a bit. I'm mixing maple magnolia glass uppers, GE matte white appliances with the copper handles as the bronze is REALLY brown (none of the pix show it as brown...all pix look more brass than bronze...it's really brown in person) and solid cherry lowers and pantry in cappucino...a very light natural finish. I plan to do copper lighting over island so I wanted the brass handles...to mix it up but since the bronze is so dark I'll go copper and find brass fixtures, faucet, cabinetry handles, etc...should be much easier to find.

• Related Discussions

Stainless steel sink with Cafe matte white kitchen appliances?

Q

Comments (3)
    You can see how the bronze pulls look against stainless steel by looking at control panel of this Cafe range. Perhaps you could match the stainless steel sink with a faucet with a similar style and finish such as this Delta Trinsic in Champagne Bronze. Or just eliminate the problem by using stainless steel pulls.
    ...See More

GE Cafe microwave matte white

Q

Comments (4)
    Try Facebook Market Place. I sold a Bosch range within 24 hours. Show picture showing original manufacturers price. Considering all the delays in getting appliances today you might be able to recover most of your cost. Also note if not selling you can always adjust the price or post at “best offer”. Good luck
    ...See More

GE Cafe matte white appliances and Cambria Skara Brae island

Q

Comments (2)
    I am really really really loving the oven, range top and dishwasher!! The oven is extremely precise with holding temp. The rangetop is just beautiful and easy to clean. The dishwasher is completely SILENT! I never know when its on! The fridge is very NICE! But, I have had others that keep food longer. I guess I was just lucky with my old kitchenaid! I didnt want white appliances with white cabinets. I was looking to go for more of a living space look than something really kitchen-y. The kitchen is in the middle of the living room and dining room so I wanted it all to work together.
    ...See More

cabinet color and cafe matte white appliances

Q

Comments (3)
    Perhaps posting some photos of your cabinets and current kitchen would be helpful. Of course, your counters, backsplash, flooring and adjacent rooms will influence what colors would look good.
    ...See More
  • Verbo
    2 years ago

The cold blue white of the Cafe line really makes warm whites look yellow. It isn’t a good look. The stainless is far more successful at reflecting it’s surroundings and blending in. Or a cool light gray that reads as a white can sometimes work.

But warm whites do not without adding a lot more different color based whites into the mix besides yellow and blue. Specifically red and green based whites. But if you are not careful, it ends up looking like a nursery school disaster. Its just easier for a DIYer to bypass the color trap, and do the stainless.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    2 years ago

Sorry but IMO buyng all matching appliances is never a good choice and what happens when one fails and GE no longer makes that color which BTW happens often.Not sure what bronze is going on. IMO plain old stainless always the best choice and it allows you to get appliances that are the best choices for how you cook. I would never own a GE DW FYI

• Rachel
    2 years ago

The Cafe appliances are very attractive but I think they look best with a contrasting cabinet. To my eye, the whites never match, and even if they did, that would look like too much white. Recently I saw a thread here where somebody had the matte black Cafe appliances with white cabinets and it looked really sharp.

• M Riz
    2 years ago

I think those appliances are pretty and so different from the sea of stainless that is in every kitchen. For me, I have all panel ready appliances for a streamlined look and as a bonus i dont have to see fingerprints everywhere. I also have beautiful bronze handles. Stainless isnt for everyone.

• Robyn Segreti
    2 years ago

I have all the ge cafe matte white appliances. I went with two toned cabinets and island. the cabinets are a mix of Kith cabinets in Alabaster with grey glaze and Vintage Slate. There is enough contrast between the lighter cabinets and the matte white. The grey glaze is the same tone as the matte white (colder rather than warm).

We went with the Delta trinsic faucet in champagne bronze with brushed bronze pendant lighting over the island. We are still looking for a good match for the cabinet pulls.

• Carrie B
    2 years ago

I have white appliances (not GE, and not the same brand, though they do seem the be generally the same shade of white.) My cabinets are a warm, creamy white and I think the two whites look just fine together - and I *like* that my appliances don't stand out the way they would if they were stainless.

• loobab
    2 years ago

Why don't you get a few Samplize samples of your warm white color and then go with a friend (or ask a salesman to help you) to hold them around the cool white of the refrigerator with the cool white color.

See if you like how that looks.

Then hold those warm white samples next to a stainless refrigerator.

See if you like how that looks.

Another thought- Have you ever gone to the dentist and had a crown or a veneer made?

A good dentist trained in cosmetic dentistry won't give you a crown or veneer that looks as white as a Chicklet (or refrigerator white) when the rest of your teeth have some yellow or grey in them from age, etc, unless your entire set of teeth is being replaced. Because one bright white prosthesis amongst a sea of yellowish, greyish or whatever color looks terrible, and emphasizes the yellowness, greyness of the rest of the teeth. Another example might be when you have seen people with upper teeth that are dazzling white (prostheses) and the bottoms are yellowish grey. The dazzling white of the uppers only emphasizes the yellowish grey of the lowers.

• Lee M.
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

We dislike stainless and all the fingerprints (and the "no-fingerprint" brands all seemed to be reportedly too unreliable), and black appliances seemed too dark and depressing. So we went with the only white ones we could find that had a large enough fridge-- the GE Cafe Matte white-- with the warm Champagne bronze handles.

We prefer and have warmer tones in general in our transitional style home that has warm oak hardwood floors (vs. the current ubiquitous gray paints & stainless look), and while the Cafe Matte white was difficult to match for cabinets/counter top, we found close enough matches to work. Our cabinet maker wanted to use Benjamin Moore paint, so we gave him a Sherwin Williams "PURE WHITE" chip to try to match, which was the closest we could find at the time (two years ago). While the Cafe white is a bit whiter than our cabinets, it blends well overall, and we have the Misterio quartz counters that go very well with both, as well as with our 12"x3" handmade white glossy tile backsplash, and a big Blanco black sink that is very striking with the champagne bronze fixtures & handles on the appliances. Their black glass helps tie in the black sink well. The best hardware we found to match the Delta Trinsic Champagne Bronze faucet and Cafe's champagne bronze handles were a mix of ATLAS "Shelley" pulls and their "Browning" nobs. All the cheaper brands we tried just did not match, IMO, and we tried many before deciding.

Our main color is in the oriental rugs (rich red/gold/black/with some pale blue & green touches, hides spills/dirt well) and in the accessories we use--on the walls we used a warm creamy beige tone (a bit lighter than Sherwin Williams Eggwhite SW6364) with white trim/molding (similar to Sherwin William warm "Pure White" that matches the cabinets)-- and it all goes together well. The Sherwin Williams Pure White is a warm white but not yellowish, nor a pure contemporary clinical hospital white (like a typical GE appliance). Despite not being perfect matches, it blends well enough and was as close as we could get. ( The lighting in the one showroom that had the Cafe white appliances on hand was abysmal-- impossible to truly match any paint chips, so we just had to do the best we could at the time. I'd attach a photo but am not tech savvy enough to know how!)

• jillianburian
    2 years ago

Hi, wondering if anyone has used dove white or alabaster cabinets with the GE matte white appliances? Building a new home and those are the choices we have for white cabinets. Thanks!

• Misti Butler
    last year

I seen Alabaster walls & it looked like peaches & cream to me so I'm afraid of that color for white cabinets. We did Snowbound walls & bright white trim, seriously thinking on bright white for cabinets too. We have the Cafe Press white appliances with brushed nickel handles etc.

• Kathy Collins
    last year

i too am having a very hard time deciding on the final color for my white cabinets. i already purchased the Cafe range and fridge in white. i am doing thermafoil cabinets, and that line does not offer a bright white, only warm whites. any suggestions are welcome!

• Sandra Peterson
    last year

Misti- do you find the appliances blend with snowbound walls well? My cabinets are snowbound and I am looking at the matt white dishwasher to appear built in-ish

• Sandra
    last year

WE matched the white but mixed with cappuccino finish on solid cherry and brushed bronze/gold hardware and we think it looks and FEELS warm and cozy....the copper GE CAFE handles are STUNNING. The bronze stove dials were so dark

i mixed the copper dials with the bronze handles on the stove and have to send back the copper handles for the dishwasher and fridge b/c the bronze was SO much warmer in our setting. I just love the copper so it's been an ordeal deciding. Selling the copper handles as they want a 30% restocking fee.

• Mary Hedman
    last year

I use Sherman-Williams Spanish White oil-based enamel on kitchen cabinets and elaborate tin ceilings. That slighly buttery white doesn't clash with white appliances. Brass/bronze pulls.

• mvcanada
    last year

Sandra, please tell me how do you like your Cafe range? I'm considering that very one (although in stainless). I wanted the double oven and induction in a slide in and GE Cafe is almost the only one on the market. Any concerns/issues? We are also considering the matching dishwasher and french door frig. I can see your frig is a different style to the one we are considering. I do really love the white appliances with brass handles and the warm wood cabinets. Really lovely kitchen.

• loobab
    last year

I like the look of white appliances with the bronze handles. It puts me in mind of the very high end appliances like Cornue, at a fraction of the price.

Question though, when I have seen white ovens and microwaves at people's houses, they get scorch marks at the doors.

Why is that?

• PRO
    Kylie M Interiors
    6 months ago
    last modified: 6 months ago

I just wrote a blog post about GE Cafe white and the matching and coordinate cabinet colors - you might find it helpful as I have a ton of photos, tips, and paint color ideas in it! https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/the-best-cabinet-paint-colors-to-go-with-ge-cafe-white-appliances/

• Angel Mirandi
    6 months ago

Anyone know what white background counters match the white in the cafe appliances ?

• HU-553830096
    last month

Kylie M Interiors, I read your post. Very helpful! We are pairing white cafe appliances with white oak cabinets / brushed steel or black hardware. Having trouble deciding on the Cafe handles...I first chose Cafe because I love the bronze handles (and i believe it matches the white oak), but I'm afraid it does not match the dark hardware on the cabinets.... do we go with brushed black Cafe handles?

• Tracey Turko
    last month

Oh boy, I'm in the exact same boat!!!! When i ordered the appliances (matte white) i thought i loved the brushed bronze that comes stock with, but now i am having second thoughts.... Leaning towards the brushed black. Hubby isn't a fan of bronze, antique bronze, champagne finishes, he calls them all brass 🙄, we haven't made any decisions for fixtures yet..... Simply bc of the indecision of the appliances handles. Any advice is appreciated!