SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dbarronoss

November Week 4: Wow where did November go?

dbarron
2 years ago

Well the high light of the week was yesterdays gathering in Wagoner at the Waggoners. Speaking for myself, I enjoyed the trip (Jasper was good both ways), nice quick walk with Nancy (time sped so fast), made my dessert, had lunch, shot the bull (Larry!).

I did remember to take a shot, when Nancy was taking one too. Obviously, I'm not in my shot (which suits me fine). I wish more people could have came, but then it was the right amount for conversation, with spaces for all to talk (versus overtalk with multiple conversations).

(Starting from left to right, Ron, Amy, Larry, Madge, Nancy)

I conclude Nancy has no cats, since no cats were visible. I'm not sure if they've decided the home is safe again or not, with Jasper and strangers roaming.

Gardening wise, well I still have fall flowering crocus flowering, for like the last month or more...I've never had them last this long. Maybe I should applaud Brent and Becky's on a very flowerful crop? Of course, it's the time of year when nothing much seems to be happening in the garden, but actually a lot is. There's root growth, and a lot of early spring flowering plants are showing developing crowns (hellebores and celandine poppy (planted Wednesday) spring to mind). I have made a bit of a collection of winter flowering plants (cyclamen, hellebores, clematis, witch hazels) because it's the season we need that extra punch of discovery of something actively growing. At least for me, it's far more important to have winter and early spring flowering plants than to have something in July when I'm hiding in my AC cave. I know some of you also do fall/winter greens for the vegetable side of winter growing.

Jasper, well, he's right at eight months old now and I guess January will be time to get him neutered for his health's sake. I'm sorry Madge, that Jasper latched onto you as the 'only light in the room', did you have bacon grease on your fingers ? :)

Well, this week will include the Turkey Day and Black Friday. Be safe!

Comments (69)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor