SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rfharmon

Short & stout bedroom w/bulkhead decor recs requested

rfharmon
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Please help me get out of my head and create sexier master bedroom decor for me and my husband or I may never know romance again, lol.

Here’s my current setup (white oak floors, white/grey rug, RH dupe chandelier, west elm white wood tile nightstands, and clear lamps with woven shades). Long story, but I do not currently own a comforter. 😱

As seen in the picture, I’ve decided to hang curtains (in progress) b/c the light escaping from the cervices of my cellular blinds drives me crazy so I’m choosing functionality over looks there.

I’ve decided to buy this bedding set:

Dilemma 1:

I’ve also been contemplating buying a new bed. Here’s the 2 that I’ve considered, but I’m not sure if the curvy design works for my short wall and the bed comes in many colors so im torn between all of the beautiful options here (navy, emerald emerald, black black, antique white, silver grey, and sapphire):

Dilemma 2:

A Restoration Hardware stylist has suggested that I puchase these metal nightstands to complement a light colored bed:

Dilemma 3:

Should I add an accent wall behind the bed? and under my bulkhead? I feel like this could go either 100% wrong or 100% right. Please note, I am only willling to wallpaper or paint the wall under the bulkhead as an accent wall. Here are some pictures of professionally designed bedrooms with bulkheads, curtains, and accent walls:

Any feedback that you‘re willing to give me on how to thwart romance back into my bedroom space or any advice on my design dilemmas that have plagued me for months would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (29)