SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arltolex

Buyer beware of arrogant furniture company, Serena & Lily!

arltolex
2 years ago

I'm not one to shame a company on a forum like this but I found it extremely warranted... I wanted to share my experience with Serena & Lily to prevent others from having similarly frustrating experiences. They proport to be high quality (and at their prices, you'd certainly expect it) but I have their Riviera chairs in my kitchen, purchased 3 years ago and one of them is literally unraveling...! I flipped the chair around only to see that the bamboo on the bottom which holds the chair together has deteriorated. I sent a note to customer service with a picture of the underside of the chair with the expectation that they'll be as horrified as I am with the unraveling chair, and instead I get an immediate response saying they'll extend me the *courtesy* of 25% off the purchase of a new chair. It's a courtesy, they say, because they don't need to do anything at all - it's outside of their 1 year warranty. What?! When I wrote back to express that I would've expected them to stand behind the quality of their furniture with a replacement since it's quite obviously a manufacturer's defect, they reiterated the same stance that it's outside of the 1 year and that they cannot account for wear and tear - essentially putting the blame on me!

In a world of strained supply chains and strong demand, customers are beholden to the furniture companies - a situation Serena & Lily is taking advantage of. That, coupled with the labor shortage in customer service, means we're seeing a tidal shift in how furniture companies treat customers. Proof that they don't stand behind their products and simply don't care about what customers think - there isn't a place for product reviews anywhere on their site. They simply don't care about the customer - we shouldn't be rewarding their arrogance with our business.

Needless to say, I'm taking my business elsewhere and hope you will join me in boycotting the extremely arrogant Serena & Lily....

Comments (40)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022