SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
polardreams

Off-Topic - broken bones!

polardream
2 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Thank you everyone for your kind wishes on my recovery from my recent accident.

On Oct. 18, Tobey and I were walking our granddog and I slip/stepped off a curb breaking my left ankle and right wrist. I knew the wrist was broken immediately since my hand was facing sideways. We were a couple blocks from their house so once I got up, we continued back to the house to leave the dog and go to the ER. My ankle hurt, but I didn't realize it was broken since the wrist was so much worse! ANYWAY, x-rays showed a break so I left with a walking boot and they knocked me out to re-align the wrist so they could splint it. A visit to the orthopedic doctor on the 20th confirmed that surgery was needed to put in a plate on the wrist. Fortunately, I was able to transition to a brace on the ankle which allows me to wear tennis shoes. Surgery on the 21st on the wrist. I had my post-op on November 1 and they took out the stitches. I have a brace on the wrist for the next four weeks starting with 20 hours/day decreasing over time. Three small exercises to help with stretching the tendons back and real PT won't start until after Thanksgiving.

We were supposed to be going to Churchill, Canada on a polar bear trip on the 23rd. That was cancelled - thank goodness for travel insurance! The tour company, Natural Habitat, has been awesome. They called to check in on me and see how I was doing! We are rebooked for next year so we have that to look forward to. (We were supposed to go in 2020, but we all know what happened in 2020!)

ANYWAY, I am on the mend (slowly) and was able to drive DH's car for the first time. It's automatic and mine is a 6-speed. Sewing isn't an option for a while - although I did repair one of my granddaughter's dress-up dresses yesterday!

I am chomping at the bit to get started sewing but will wait until I can be more accurate.

Thanks again for everyone's well wishes. Hugs to you all!!!

Sue

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Arete Construction Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Experienced Craftsman & Top Quality Masonry in Frederick County