SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
popmama

Hoya Icensis aka Hoya Patcharawalai 023

I can't even begin to say Patcharawalai without tripping over something else in my mouth. So I will stick with icensis. This was one of the last hoyas on my wishlist because the ones I have seen get a lovely dark margin on the leaves. I don't have any hoyas with dark margin! Well now I do. I ended up getting this in the last restock of the year at Unsolicited Plant Talks. The picture on the website for the plant was underwhelming. But I had seen the ones Tikaland has been getting from UPT and took a chance that the plant I would receive would be better than the picture. Well, I was not disappointed. It's huge and has a big long arm. Sure, it doesn't have the dark margin but I am hopeful that it will get that at some point. I paid $65 for the plant + shipping. I think it was a great price for such a beautiful plant.

Comments (9)

• popmama (Colorado, USDA z5)
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Yes this is really a very impressive plant.

• Tika Land
    2 years ago

I have not been disappointed with any of their plants. My rebecca was a little small but has tripled in size since I got her. I really like the medium they use and if you see small bugs they are beneficial ones. 😃

Original Author
    2 years ago

I just bought some little hanging planters too which will be perfect for this. When you run out of horizontal space, go vertical! :)

Original Author
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

As you can tell from my picture, it's a gorgeous sunny 70-degree day here in Colorado. I've already been potting some other plants. I know! There are plants besides hoyas! :-)

I sneak outside between phone calls at work. Thank goodness for Work from Home!

• stupidlazydog CT zone 5b/6a
    2 years ago

That is one gorgeous plant, popmama! I love UPT, too. All the plants I've gotten from them have hit the ground running. I also like that they grow in coco chips, so I don't have to bare root them to put them in my mix.

popmama (Colorado, USDA z5) thanked stupidlazydog CT zone 5b/6a
  • sunfleurpower
    2 years ago

Gorgeous plant! I was on a shopping freeze but I'm super tempted to go take a peak. The last restock of the season you say? Hmmm.....

popmama (Colorado, USDA z5) thanked sunfleurpower
  • SoCal Stewart (San Diego, Ca Zone 10A/10B)
    2 years ago

LOL! I just myself on a plant shopping/buying freeze at least until June 2022. I can still look though.

popmama (Colorado, USDA z5) thanked SoCal Stewart (San Diego, Ca Zone 10A/10B)
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Yeah I have to stop looking if I'm going to stop buying. If I see, then all that "no buy" thing goes kinda out the window for me. So I'm trying not to look at anything else (which of course is absurd, but I can say it!).

Next Spring I want to try to make some trades. I could focus more on propagations now.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES