SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2nrussell2

November Week 1 2021 with Oct hangover

I can't in good conscience give this an October Week 5 name. Do you all do Halloween? Considering we barely do Christmas, that would be a "No" from us--save for the giant bag of Reese's peanut butter cups we buy every year just in case. We buy those because we love 'em.

No freezes here yet, though serious threats for the coming week. I am hoping for some decent weather (meaning 60-some days) so I can do serious yard work, since none has been done since last spring.

I'm tempted to build mini greenhouses for the Fatalii peppers and the Sugar Rush Peach one, since they are simply glorious plants! Both heavy laden and 4 feet tall--I would if I thought it were possible.

I didn't get the garlic planted and said I would by the end of this month--that means today is the day!!

Garry's surgery last week means a lot of work for me that I hadn't thought of. He's still feeling kind of rough this 4th day post surgery, with swollen incision site and sore throat. (The incision is 2-3" long, in his neck--this was a very necessary/urgent surgery--the endarterectomy--as his left carotid artery was 100% occluded. He can't lift anything more than a couple quarts-a gallon. Garbage duty, Nancy. Miscellaneous yard work, Nancy. All driving, Nancy. Vacuuming and all house work, Nancy. Heck--I'm sure glad we put off his surgery til 10/27. It was originally scheduled for earlier--no way could I have handled those chores any earlier.

I'm getting around well. Not totally pain free 100% of the time--maybe 80% of the time-- but still, can maneuver just fine. For anyone with horrible hip pain for whom surgery is an option, do not wait! DO IT!! It's simply a miracle, not to have the hip pain.

We're sad that it will be too chilly to take the boat out again this fall. Totally bummed. But determined to get caught up on gardening chores and get into physical shape. I'm still trying to figure out how to deal with all the 4-5' tall dead weeds and flowers. Suggestions welcome.

Here I am just wondering how to tear out all the garden, while Larry, HU, HJ, Kim, Amy/Ron and others are talking about growing fall veggies! I'll be doing great to get all the huge containers emptied out! I will make that my goal for this week!

Happy Halloween, friends, and Happy November, coming right up!

Comments (54)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES