SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnnm

I've Finished Decorating Our RV . . . Finally!

LynnNM
2 years ago

It's been too long since I've been able to decorate a room, let alone several rooms! Last late-Summer after DD retired, we bought a 34' fifth wheel RV so that we could travel more and take the furkids with us. It's taken me awhile, but I've pretty much finished decorating it, and I had a great time doing it! So, may I share some of what I did here with you?

Here's what it looks like outside. It has 3 slide-outs: living room, kitchen and bedroom.

Here's the living room area, with the slides open. The fireplace is, of course, electric, but it has controls for specific temps or no temps but just the fire ambiance, We love it and use it pretty much every evening that we're in there. To the right in the below pic is a fold-out sofa bed for guests. The cabinets above it hold the linens for it. To the left are two easy chairs. If there is a decorating theme, it's our New Mexico Mountains. I've drawn the accent colors from the decorative curtains I remade (purchased and then recut and sewed them for what I needed) for the living and dining areas: turquoise, rust with some gold. I found the curtains, the four throw pillow covers, the rust lap throw for the sofa, the two "coffee tables", and the floor lamp (not in this pic) all on Amazon. Thank goodness for Amazon during Covid times!!! The tv and sound system came with the RV.

Next pic (below) is the other side of the living room and the dining area. The tabletop folds in half and then we lay it down on it's side when on the road. Dining chairs lay down, too. The living room's easy chairs are very comfortable with foot rests that pop up when needed. This is where we sit most of the time in the evenings. I plan on making matching short valances for the side windows sometime soon. All windows in our RV have privacy screens, and then over them, full window shades. So, the curtains are just for color and to set the New Mexican mood a bit more.

I'm not sure how many pics Houzz is going to let me add here, so I'll try one more and then add kitchen and bedroom pics later. As you probably already know, we love to collect and display NM art. Here in an RV, though, weight and breakability are major factors to consider. So, I had to order (again, via Amazon) lightweight picture frames with unbreakable plastic instead of glass. I also had some of my photographs enlarged onto canvas on lightweight wood frames. Every hanging piece of art you see here is secured with both Command hooks and museum putty. Here's one piece I just had to have, as it really says how I feel about camping in our RV, a favorite quote by John Muir. I've hung it above the fireplace with a similar print balancing it on the other side. And, yes, that's the museum putty I need to tuck under it better (LOL).

Well. I hope this thread actually shows up here on Houzz. It's been fun sharing a decorating project with you all. I'll be back to post kitchen and bedroom pics later.

Comments (36)