SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blueskysunnyday

Question about filtered water/faucet/filter at prep sink

blueskysunnyday
2 years ago

Hello, wise ones. My family drinks a LOT of filtered water from our current bar sink (in the kitchen area). The filter resides on the ceiling of the basement just below the sink. We are doing away with the bar in our renovation. We are planning to have an 18" prep sink in a 20" cabinet. This sink would be a much better location for filtered water than the larger clean up sink. I really don't want to have two faucets at the island, so my husband suggested filtering all the water at the prep sink (as opposed to trying to squeeze a third sink/faucet somewhere). Here are my worries: 1) With the current filter we use, it would be really expensive to filter all the prep sink water. 2) The prep sink will not be located over the basement (it is over a crawlspace), so the filter would have to live under the sink alongside the garbage disposal and (hopefully) Never MT for hand soap. Is there a good filtration system that does not use crazy-expensive filters and is compact? I'm sure things have changed a lot since I figured out our old system. Or, am I just expecting way too much from a 20" cabinet?

Thanks so much for your help!

Comments (5)