SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_343343992

Are Harvey windows worth the trouble?

HU-343343992
2 years ago

We had a houseful of windows replaced by Harvey. The experience was very disappointing. The entire process took 7 months. On the first day of installation, one window came out of the box broken. 2 others were made wrong. They had the right dimensions, but they were built essentially sideways. Instead of being 8 x 10 for example, they were 10 x 8. Several others had broken seals.

When the replacement for the broken window came, it was wrong. Instead of being a bottom sash, it was a top. Then when the replacements came for the windiws with the broken seals, they also had broken seals. I get that mistakes happen, but over and over and over?

After the windows finally were installed, I wanted to speak with customer service to discuss the situation.

To my surprise, they took no responsibility, no accountability. They blamed the contractor, who had nothing to do with the quality issues. They blamed the glass maker, which does make sebse, they blamed Covid. The fault was everyone’s but Harvey.

Then i guess they wanted to make it right and offered me a gift card, certainly hoping i would take it and go away. When i declined the card, the woman i spoke with said they would send my situation to management and someone else would contact me. That never happened.

I found their response to be totally disingenuous and insulting.

Was i wrong to expect a more professional, courteous response?

Comments (2)