SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ashley_petro

Upholstery Cleaning Hiccup

Ashley Petro
2 years ago

Has anyone ever had an issue with dye transferring onto their cushions from the liner on the sofa following a professional cleaning? We have cream sofas from Bassett and are doing our best to keep them in great condition by following care instructions routinely and we just had professional cleaning done for a deep clean. They are still fairly new but after this cleaning, the tan color from the liner on the sofa seems to have transferred onto the cushions. It almost looked like mud streaks. They were able to get them out as they appeared to be very surface level but it seems odd how much color came off the liner during the cleaning. The liners look very splotchy and streaky now whereas that wasn't the case prior to the deep clean. We do not eat or drink on these so there has never been liquid applied or spilled prior to this cleaning. Once everything dries out completely, I am nervous to put them back down onto the liner. I am inlcuding a picture of one of our Bassett chair liners for reference as the sofa liners were the same to start.

The company was very nice about it, made note on our receipt and said he will come by tomorrow to look at them again once they have dried. Should I place something between the cushions and sofa base going forward? Is this normal? I do have warranty on these but I am not even sure what is going on here. Any help or insight is appreciated! I don't want the same thing to happen to my chairs.

Comments (2)