SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
april29will

Need help with floorplan redesign in kitchen remodel

april29will
2 years ago

Hello! We are finalizing our kitchen remodel floor plans and I am torn. Should the range be centered with the island or the remaining wall space? We had a beautiful design initially, with the idea we were going to build a pantry in the hallway that runs behind the fridge wall. However, my husband was not keen on this, as the hallway is only 39" or so and contains a HVAC return that would need to be placed elsewhere. Because of this, I have requested to have the design updated for a 60" X 30" corner pantry as shown in the photo. Please help me decide the best look. I am not opposed to decreasing the width from 60" to something that makes the look look better. The first 2 pics show the dimensions based on placing the pantry in the hallway and the related design. The remaining 3 pics show the new design with the pantry in the corner. Also, we hope to be able to have the load bearing column shown on the right side of the island removed with the addition of an LVL, hence the lack of columns in the first design. However, in the event that the removal costs too much, an additional column was placed on the other side for symmetry, the columns as shown in the pantry design. On the fridge side, the doorway on the right leads from the dining room and the doorway on the left of the fridge leads from the foyer. The hallway runs behind the fridge wall and connects the two doorways and leads back to our master BR. Thanks in advance everyone for your help!

Comments (5)