SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_174927330

Help with 36" fully-integrated fridge

K A
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi,

We are embarking on a full remodel early next year, so have a lot of flexibility in terms of appliances. I was originally looking at standard counter-depth fridges, offerings from KA, Cafe, Bosch, in that kind of range. But when we got into it, my wife hated the look of any part of the fridge standing out proud from the cabinets (even the doors). This is partly exacerbated by the location of the fridge in the overall design (we don't have a huge kitchen). So, researched a bit more and saw that perhaps we need to go fully-integrated (we would do panels on it, so it needs to sit fully flush). Holy $$$... but while I don't love spending this much on a fridge, if it gets us the look/functionality we want, I guess it is worth it.

So, I started researching all the available models and seem to have it narrowed down to the below. I feel like my top priorities are: sitting flush to cabinetry, reliability especially since we will be getting custom panels, maximizing fridge capacity (have a deep freezer, so that's less important), and I would like integrated water dispenser

SZ BI-36UFDID - like this one because... SZ, and integrated water is nice. That said, the SA said this isn't truly integrated? He directed us to the IT-36RID. I am confused though, as the SZ website has the depth of both at 24", so not sure why the BI wouldn't be fully integrated? We don't love the IT because it doesn't come in french door. Also with the compressors on the bottom, will be tough for my 5'1 wife. The IT also seems to lack capacity relative to other options.

JennAir JF36NXFXDE - like the black interior, but not sure about the brand. I guess they are newer to the integrated fridge game? Also, no integrated water - why do these super expensive fridges not come with this, I thought it was a desirable feature.

Dacor DRF36750 - oddly, we like the look of this and the features the most. That said, I am struggling with buying a high-end appliance associated with Samsung. Have read many poor experiences with their customer service.

I feel like I am 100% over thinking this, but it does end up being quite a big purchase. Any thoughts or experiences anyone has with any of these models/brands? Or am I missing something, or other options that might work?

Appreciate any help or thoughts!

-K

Comments (5)