SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jess_shumake

Fireplace suggestions for our new home?

Jessica
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I'd love some inspiration for the fireplace in our new home. I'm having trouble finding something I love. The following pictures show the layout, finishes, and fixtures that we're liking for the space so far.

How would you recommend we finish the fireplace? I feel like the rest of the house is a more transitional design, and I'd love to find a fireplace surround and mantle that complement the space and that will stand the test of time. The walls will be Sherwin Williams "Crushed Ice", a pale, slightly warm gray, with white trim.

Exterior siding will be white.

Aside from the fireplace, we're also debating whether to stain the 8x8 posts that will go on the porch or paint them white. Care to vote? :)

So, what do you envision for our fireplace??

The following picture is the only thing I'd found that I liked so far. But when we got the sample of the stone, it had a lot of rust colored areas and black spots on it, which we weren't expecting. I can't find anything else that looks like the stone in this picture:

I'd love to hear your thoughts and see any inspiration photos and links to any surround stone/tile/etc. that you'd recommend!

Thanks so much for your time!

Comments (13)