SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
john_donodeo

Please help with kitchen layout!

John
2 years ago

So I'm doing my kitchen (semi-custom cabs), and trying to finalize the layout. I think the fridge wall is good to go, as a solid wall of pantry storage with a speed oven/microwave built in. My neighbor has the same house as me, and she said the cabinet space she has on the fridge wall side was unnecessary, so I'm opting for a full pantry basically.

Having a hard time deciding on the window wall. I sorta prefer the look of the verison with the dishwasher on the left of the sink (but I would delete shelves and make window bigger), but in the other version, I like that the sink/window are more centered with the overall kitchen. So for that reason, I currently lean towards the version with the dishwasher on the right (with 3 upper cabs on left side), BUT I want to move the dishwasher to the left of the sink (but keep it as far away from the peninsula as I can, since I will have seating on both sides there (that's important to me).

Only thing - I would like to have accent glass cabs. I feel they break up the "monotony" (in my opinion) of a solid wall of cabs. I just don't know exactly where to put them. I was striving for a symmetrical look, but everyone keeps telling me to keep them away from the stove area or else they will always be dirty.

I don't mind having two glass cabs at the end on the left side with one normal cab, but am going to ask the designer if she can alter the cab sizes such that I can maybe have upper glass cabs on each side of the sink (since in other version, the cabs weren't as wide, so there are two each on each side of range).

Some say to just not bother with glass cabs, but I'd like them as an accent somehow. Any thoughts? One other option - do the version of the fridge wall with cabs opening up into hall/sunroom, and have accent glass cabs just there.

Comments (2)