SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mellaf84

Poll, 2X2 or 2x3 door grill?

Mellaf84
2 years ago

Debating between these 2 styles of grill for our front door (see house photo). The door will be painted Iron Ore, and glass will likely be satin for privacy (as opposed to sandblasted given it’s a bit less white and lets in more light). thanks!!

8DAF3351-2193-40BB-9308-C55FC8EBE566.png
B1436ABC-6E70-415A-83C6-7DD5A70D4ED5.png

Comments (7)

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    2 years ago

honestly from a distance, heck even up close I dont think there will be that much difference, for me the larger panes of glass are easier to clean, maybe they go better with the windows as well?

Mellaf84 thanked RL Relocation LLC
  • PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    2 years ago

Mellaf84 thanked RL Relocation LLC
  • PRO
    LionCraft Construction
    2 years ago

I think the 2x3 complements the style of the windows more so than the 2x2. The 2x3 and the existing windows each have that same rectangular shape toward the top of the glass, which should help from an aesthetic standpoint. Might be more annoying to clean 6 sections of glass as opposed to 4, but the look will be worth it!

Mellaf84 thanked LionCraft Construction
  • Mellaf84
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you @LionCraft Construction. I don’t mind the cleaning if it means it will look better! Do you think the style will still look good with satin glass? I am hoping so (I have seen sandblasted which looks very mat white) given that I really love the style, and privacy is non-negotiable for my husband. Otherwise I would have to go with stained glass but I am trying to move away from the traditional look (which we also currently have).

• kculbers
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I love the 2x2 door look. I think It gives a more more modern look. Earlier this year, I had a Therma True triple locking entry door installed. It brings plenty of natural light into our entryway. I love it! The door is so well constructed. I will be painting the door a light gray to go with our gray paved long pathway.

Mellaf84 thanked kculbers
  • Mellaf84
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you @kculbers! The 2x2 door looks nice! I think we changed our minds and will go with clear glass (but install discrete blinds inside). I am still debating the 2x3 and 2x2 though! I am also reconsidering the Iron Ore which is a dark gray versus black… I am scared the gray may show some undertones. But I guess black fades more quickly.