SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_40703906

Terrace decor advice

User
2 years ago

Hi all, could use some wisdom from this group! I am trying to decide on the dining area for my city terrace. The floor is gray granite and the walls are cream stucco. Our decor overall is transitional. The table and chairs will be going in one corner of the terrace (can't change this -- it's based on optimizing the overall plan including plantings). Mostly we will need seating for 4-5 but we would like to occasionally expand to as many as we can fit when we entertain or for holidays (probably about 10, table would be max about 75 inches long).

My plan has been to do a built-in banquette (currently thinking of weathered ipe), and ideally I am looking for a round table that expands from 45ish inches in diameter to an oval table. This has been very hard to come by, even with custom tablemakers, and I'm also not sure what non-wood material would look good with the ipe.

So now I'm wondering -- would I be better off going with table and chairs? Anyone have ideas on a table that could expand like this? Or is there some sort of lightweight small round table I could swap out for a lightweight longer table as needed, with both folding for storage? Am at a loss so would appreciate any ideas! Thanks in advance.

Comments (4)