SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_39539170057

Fireplace update.

CJ Johan
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hello. I just purchased my home. I'm currently tackling the living area. Picture is taken from the kitchen area. There is a open wall that divides the two areas. I can't take that wall out unless I put beams in. Too much for me right now.. And it works! Flooring is new. I am learning towards a light grey with cool undertones for the walls. The fireplace has me thrown for a loop. I was thinking about an accent wall, but that may be too overpowering in the room. The mantle and surround do not fit the wall though. I think it is too tall. I am thinking about removing all the wood above and dropping the mantle just above the tile surround. Or replacing it with a pretty natural wood piece. I would love to replace the tile (or paint it) with one with a pattern and carry it on to the hearth. Am I crazy that the mantle is too high the way it is?? I have a very ecletic minimalist style. I love vintage and antique paired with MCM. I don't hang allot of things on the walls. Mostly just small display bookcases, etc. I need a calm and soothing enviroment to kick in on after a long day.

Comments (11)