SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
schafera85

Landscape Foundation Planting

Ashley
2 years ago

Hello! I am having a hard time figuring out what we should do with our foundation planting due to the two windows that we have on the right side of our house that have what appears to be an enlarged space between them. We have four bowling ball arborvitae planted that are slow growing. Then there are three white salvia perennials that grow in between them. These plants all seem too small with too much open space behind them. I know that I need to take the bed and better distribute the mulch, but I am trying to figure out how we can improve this area. I’ve read other questions about foundation planting on this forum and see the wonderful advise you all have and I’d love any input. We do want to have easy to maintain plants in this area and we like the structured look of evergreens.

We have a silver king euonymus to the right of our front door, then on the other side of the bed we have a little lime hydrangea and 3 holly shrubs. I have read a lot about the idea of arranging plants to form a “smile” from one side of the house to the other, so perhaps a small tree would also help to balance out the right side. I would much appreciate any thoughts!

Comment (1)