SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grannysmith18

Anyone familiar with Silestone Polaris or MSI Smoked Pearl

grannysmith18
2 years ago

We're planning on very light, whitewashed rift cut oak cabinets, and want to pick up some of the gray in the cabinets.

Has anyone seen either Silestone Polaris or MSI Smoked Pearl in an actual kitchen. In the slabs and samples I've seen, they both have some "depth" and don't have the very 2 dimensional look I see in some quartzes. But what do I know - we haven't even started yet and I'm wiped out.

Going for a clean modern, yet soft, look, but don't want a completely solid color countertop.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Comments (10)

• KT_B
    2 years ago

We just chose smoked pearl. I haven't seen it in an actual kitchen but I've got a large sample and I love it. It kind of has that very subtle pattern but glowy almost translucent look with the white veining. The store owner was trying to push me towards MSI carrara marmi (white with gray veining) but marmi's veining looked printed on in the sample I had. In contrast, smoked pearl looked much more genuine, but it was 2 price points higher than the marmi.

grannysmith18 thanked KT_B
  • Linda Tran
    2 years ago

@katey I’m deciding between smoked pear and perla white. Would you share photos of your countertops when installed?

grannysmith18 thanked Linda Tran
  • c224_texas
    2 years ago

@Linda Tran Which one did you decide to go with? Are you happy with your choice and do you have photos of them in your kitchen you could share?

grannysmith18 thanked c224_texas
  • grannysmith18
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I'm the OP, still very interested in any pictures.

• KT_B
    last year

• KT_B
    last year

I am so happy with our smoked Pearl counters. We moved in 6 months ago. They have exactly the subtle non-busy look I was hoping for.

• KT_B
    last year

GlareGlare from the lights but you get the idea

• KT_B
    last year

Idk why houzz keeps repeating my words 🤷‍♀️

• dove41
    last year

OMG! So pretty! I love the smoked pearl quartz color! Do you think it would go with off-white cabinets? I am trying to decide what color to get. So far it is between Smoked Pearl, Frosty Carrina, or Organic White.