SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
coffeebean12

Help with corner kitchen cabinets - kitchen overhaul!

Stefanie
2 years ago

Hi there! This is my first time posting. I'm hoping to get the advice of all you wonderful people.

We are completely renovating our kitchen... new cabinets, new counters, new backsplash, floors, sink, hardware, plumbing, and lighting. The cabinets will be Cloud White, the backsplash will be greige subway tile, the floor a mid-tone, warm wood (LVP, actually), farmhouse sink, quartz counters, and we have two pale exposed wood beams near the kitchen. I'm going for a cottage-y, warm, cozy vibe (this is what I'm aiming for, anyway!).

I love the look of open shelving and glass-front cabinets, but I've been talked out of open shelving, so glass-front it is. Our kitchen designer thinks we should keep the glass-front cabinets to a minimum for practicality's sake, so she suggested doing the two on either of side of the sink in glass. My question is this: Do the angled corner cabinets look dated? If we move to 90 degree cabinets there, we will have tiny little cabinets flanking the sink... Will it look odd to have two tiny glass-front cabinets there, all by themselves? Should I put glass-front cabinets somewhere else?

I've attached a photo of the kitchen as it currently is (although it now has stainless steel appliances, and we have pot lights instead of the chandelier).

Thank you! :)

Comments (20)