SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sonofabish

Help Needed! Exterior home color advice

SonofaBish
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

We recently bought a new home knowing it needed extensive stucco (EIFS) repair - - I'm expecting that the full repairs won't be done before winter hits in the Northeast, but the contractor is planning to get us sealed up good before winter, and then will finish off the repairs and paint the house in the spring...

At this point, i'm being asked for what color combo i want, particularly the trim/complementary color, since we need to pick the right caulking color to ensure that when the accent color is painted, it all looks correct.

My wife and I are struggling with colors - - i'm a big fan of going with a tan color, very similar to what's on the home now, maybe a couple shades darker. She is a big fan of going with a brown.... and in both instances, we think we want to go with a white trim color to jive with the currently white soffit and windows...

The issue seems to be the reddish-orange roof... i'm not real good at visualizing, and i can't find ANYTHING online where anyone put a darker brown with that orange-ish roof... Does anyone have any advice or thoughts to help?

i just can't envision brown with an orange roof.. but pretty much everyone else i talk to about this, thinks the dark brown with white trim would really pop and look fantastic....

note: we're trying to stay within the Dryvit color range - - its extensive enough, let alone I open up the world of Sherwin Williams - - my wife likes Honey Twist or Clover, and I'm leaning towards Eggshell Cream

Comments (9)