SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
monksey

Most durable type of carpet

monksey
2 years ago

Hello, I’ve been struggling with what type of flooring to select for my basement. I was considering laying vinyl plank down there because I could do the work myself. However, my two boys are going to go into the basement once I’m done finishing it and it’s pretty cold. So now I think I’m going to go with carpet and a small area of plank to set my treadmill on. I have underfloor heat roughed in but the quotes I got to hook it up were $4500 to $6500, so that’s out. I’m a single mom on a budget and I’d just like some advise on decent carpets with good durability. I’ve read a bit about frieze’s being durable but I think a lot of carpets I’m looking at aren’t truly friezes. Now I’ve been considering cut and loop because a few people I know have that type of carpet but I think theirs is nylon which is probably out of my budget. I’ve come across this Anderson Tuftex which is Anso Nylon at $3.08 sq/ft but it doesn’t have much for good reviews. I’m starting to have over-analysis paralysis.😬 Please help.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022