SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
googirls3

Meyer Lemon Tree Advice

Lisa Kelly
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I've been reading all of the posts on Meyer Lemon trees and trying to take bits that apply to my situation but thought it best to create my own post. I purchased a half lemon half lime tree ( small ) from Lowes last year. I was sure it was dead this year but left it in its pot and planted a couple of Mandevillas around it in the same pot. I had it outside in a very sunny spot on my deck and to my surprise, it thrived!! We live in SC, zone 8. Cold weather is here so I brought it inside yesterday, and set it next to our sunniest window. We keep the house temp at 70 degrees. I've read all of the posts about light, humidity, water, and root warmth. The tree is so seemingly healthy right now and loaded with buds and blossoms, I don't want to screw it up!! I don't feel it will get enough light in my house, especially with the days getting shorter. I purchased a 300W grow lamp to use, I also already have a warming mat should it be needed. I have a small fan to circulate air near it and a misting bottle to increase humidity. I'm unclear if any of this is necessary or to what extent to use it. I'm also unclear on its watering needs now that it is inside and in this stage of blooming and its fertilizer needs.

There have been some very knowledgeable people on these Meyer Lemon trees threads. Please advise me and follow along with me on this journey! Also, What do I do with the Mandevilla that surrounds it?? I'm afraid to disturb any roots. I'm thinking they are intertwined at this point. Thank you in advance!

Comments (11)