SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
a_thuesen

New Countertop Possibilities?

A T
2 years ago

We are ready to replace our laminate countertop with something stone. Two years ago I painted the cabinets. We would prefer not to replace floor tile if we don't have to, but we are willing to change it if needed. It is not under the cabinets and wouldn't be terrible to remove. The rest of the main floor is old hardwood floor and we'd like something different in the kitchen as it would be hard to match and has a weird transition already.

The house is a 1930's craftsman/foursquare. I really really want soapstone, but I'm not sure it fits in with the current cabinets and floors. We also looked at granite slabs today and there were a few I liked. We would get a leathered finish if we got granite. We will be sticking with and upgrading to nice white appliances. Also the backsplash will go so would love recommendations for that too.

I'm sharing some photos below to show the current style of the house, the kitchen currently, and some photos with tile, cabinet, and granite/soapstone options. I like the layout of the kitchen, but some day we may reface cabinets for a classic shaker look. For now I'm happy with them.

I would love your input and suggestions!

Current kitchen

another angle of kitchen

Bordeaux Granite

Leathered Ubatuba

Soapstone

Unknown granite

Unknown granite

a black granite

Living room just off the kitchen. Kind of open concept.

If we changed floor tile I'm kind of in love with this: Cement Tile

Comments (21)