SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_604447144

Help! Crack on the inner panel of a brand new kitchen wall cabinet

HU-604447144
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I just renovated my kitchen and had KitchenCraft cabinets installed throughout. While cleaning the cabinets, I discovered a crack on the right inner panel of a wall cabinet, but do not know how deep the crack is in regards to the depth of the panel. I am concerned about the structural integrity of the cabinet. Is it worth it to replace the cabinet or leave it as is (and just store light-weight items in it)? My concerns about replacing the cabinet are that other components of the kitchen may get damaged. There are upper/lower cabinet moldings/trims that would need to be removed in the process and may get damaged as well. In addition, I have a brand new pantry right next to the damaged cabinet that may get scratched during the removal of the cracked cabinet and installation of the replacement cabinet. See attached photos. I would greatly appreciate all advice regarding this. Thank you in advance!

Front-side close-up photo of the crack

Close-up photo of the crack

View of the crack from the inside

Red arrow points to damaged cabinet. The moldings/trims above and below would need to be removed in the process of replacing the damaged cabinet. Also to the right of the damaged cabinet is the pantry - concerned about the pantry wall potentially getting scratched during the removal of the damaged cabinet and installation of the replacement cabinet.

Comments (2)