SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kate_carr69

Delayed Pool Builder with lots of quality problems

Kate Carr
2 years ago

Hi, I'm looking for advice on how to deal with a pool builder that is currently 8 months behind schedule. We currently have leaks in both the hot tub and pool (pipes were not pressure tested prior to pouring concrete). The pool is currently empty and we are waiting to see if the leak was fixed that they had to drill into the concrete to resolve. There also are several other big ticket items that have not been completed - autocover and stonework. My husband and I have tried to stay optimistic and be generous with the delays, but at this point we just want the project done so we can close the pool. Communication and honestly have been huge issues with this project. We recentyl found out that a contractor, that we were told came to inspect our pipes for a leak, never actually came to our house. She actually refused to come because the pool builder owes her money. Besides refusing to pay until the job is done, is there anything else that can be done? We have a lifetime warranty on the concrete, but at this point I don't know if that actually means anything.

Comments (2)