SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

New table for eat-in kitchen - what to do with old table?

Lars
2 years ago

I ordered this table last week from a store in Palm Springs, and it should be here by the beginning of December.

It is 42" diameter x 29" high and will replace our existing table that is 40" diameter x 37" high, which you can see here in the real estate listing for the house:

The barstools came with the house also, as did the kitchen towel, which I never hang on the oven door handle, since I use the oven a lot. We also bought a new range and dishwasher which are both SS, and of course we got rid of the fake plants plus the valance over the kitchen sink window.

Here's the floor plan that I drew with the new table and dining chairs that we already have:

Some lines may not have made it to the PDF version of the drawing, but I think you can guess where they should be. This drawing is to show how the table will fit in the bay window, and I have it centered under the J-box in the ceiling, indicated by the small circle. The line from the circle extends from the center of the J-box to where there is now a hook for the swap ceiling fixture that we currently have.

We will be replacing this light fixture after we receive the table, as the style does not fit at all.

I am considering repainting the kitchen cabinets, perhaps in a pale turquoise, and I want to replace all the hinges and pulls with SS or nickel.

Note that one dining chair will be in the way of access to the DW, but we can easily move this chair out of the way. It is much more difficult to move the barstools, as they do not glide easily.

Here is the bar that also came with the house, and we want to get rid of this as well:

We have already moved this bar and its barstools to our garage so that I could put a dining table here, since this is supposed to be a dining room/area, and we had a spare dining table.

Our real estate agent thought that we could sell the bar, dining table, and barstools, but Kevin just wants to donate them and be rid of them. They are extremely well made, and the bar and dining table have nice granite tops.

What would you do with them?

Comments (18)