SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bdonkersgoed

What colours for Deck and Roof Structure (pics enclosed)?

Bryan
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi everyone!

I'm in the middle of a DIY backyard reno, and have made signficant progress. Here's my layout/plan:

Composite Decking · More Info

At this point, I've completed everything but the artificial turf, the deck, and the roof structure over the deck. This is what the space currently looks like:

And this is the design of the roof structure (which a contractor will build):

I used Techo-Bloc Borealis pavers in Hazelnut Brandy for the patio around the fire pit. At this point, I'd really appreciate some help from the pros deciding one three colours for the following:

• Composite Decking
  • Roof Structure Douglas Fir Timbers -- I like the look where timbers contrast the ceiling
  • Roof Structure Douglas Fir Ceiling -- I like the look where timbers contrast the ceiling

The challenge is that I already have "wood-look" Borealis pavers, so should I be trying to find a composite decking colour that's close to the wood-paver colour, or complementary in some way? Also, is there a way to tie everything together with the colour selections for the roof timbers and ceiling?

The photos below show a number of composite colour samples on top of the Borealis paver patio.

Thanks!

Comments (6)