SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kgiguere22

Should I put grilles (muntins) on my windows?

Kelly
2 years ago

We are going to be breaking ground on a new home soon and are in the process of finalizing our window selection. I had been planning on including window grilles on all of our windows but now am unsure. We are going to be backing to a wooded area that has beautiful large trees and we are avid gardeners, so plan on having great landscaping that we will enjoy looking at from inside the house.

I was watching The Cabin Chronicles on Discovery+ this evening and realized all these cabins have these great, unobstructed views of their trees and I panicked! I love lots of styles of homes but ours has been leaning towards a farmhouse/traditional feel in my head (even though I've wanted a more modern/funky design inside).

Now I am wondering if I can get away with no grilles or if it will feel bare/wrong because of the architectural style. We are planning on having 2" blinds so that will be present as well... also, the grilles are really throwing off my ability to make decisions on my exterior door styles.

Comments (16)