SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julie_kim63

Where should we place our switches?

Julie K
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

We started our rough electrical last week and I don't like where our designer planned our switches.

Our small shower room consists of a walk-in Corian shower with frameless double glass doors, a Toto wall-mounted hard-wired toilet, and an Amba hard-wired electric towel warmer with digital controller. There are two dimmable LED lights and a Panasonic WhisperGreen fan in the shower room. A pocket door separates the shower room from our vanity.

The red mark next to the towel warmer is where our designer specified the light switch for our overhead lights. The red mark next to the toilet is where she located the fan switch. She tried to locate the two switches together, but there's not enough room by the pocket door to do two switches.

Would it be strange to locate the fan and light switch on the other side of the pocket door where we have more room? I realize it's not ideal, but I feel like it's better than the current design. We would actually have 3 switches in that spot - a dimmable light switch, a fan switch with count down timer, and a Leviton smart controller for our Amba towel warmer. The yellow area shows the proposed location for the 3 switches.

The reason our designer didn't choose that spot is because there's a pair of bifold door that blocks access to that wall when the doors are open. However, the door remains closed most of the time and we're okay with moving the door away from the wall when we need to access the light or fan switch. We can access the Leviton switch for the towel warmer through our phone/Google home.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022