SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
george_meskour

LUTRON MAESTRO FAN AND LIGHT SWITCH AND MODULE install

George Meskour
2 years ago

Hi All,

I have a room with a new ceiling fan light with led lights and I wanted to replace the regular wall switch with a Lutron Maestro Dimmer Switch with fan control so I cut the power, pop the wall switch out and here is the wiring at the switch box; the top run has a red wire, black wire, white wire and ground , the red wire is capped off. The bottom set of wires is the hot black wire and a white wire, and of course the white wires from both sets are capped together. When I went to install the switch it didn’t control the fan at all, but I followed the directions, green to ground , hot black wire to screw, yellow wire to black wire and red to red. The lights dimmed but fan didn’t work unless using the remote it came with

The fan does have a remote module in the top and remote for light and fan with no dim capabilities. I thought I read somewhere that if you remove this , it will allow the dimmer and fan control to function properly, is that.the case here or is my fan just not wired for this type of switch?

Thank you in advance for your help , Will post pics soon

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz