SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2wiseguys

not sure which paint direction to go with SW wool skein

Barb Wise
2 years ago

I am trying to find a paint color for my daughter’s study. It is a small room, 12 x 12 with 10 foot ceilings, and a 9 foot high window that faces south. White Venetian blinds on the window. The rest of the first floor is painted in SW relaxed khaki. The study is at the front of the home and needs a color that will work with all of the relaxed khaki. I have tried SW wool skein as it is the lighter color on the strip. The online photos are beautiful. When I put it on the primed drywall it looks like a mid tone gold. Not subtle at all. I tried reducing the formula by 30% and 50%. Both were fairly bright yellows. I don’t know if it is the size of the room or the southern light. SW restful white trim and doors (yellow undertone). Fairly bland grayish beige carpeting. No other furnishings to influence the color. (They just moved in). Anyone have experience with Wool Skein in a south facing room? I thought it might wash out, instead it is a pretty intense gold. I am not sure what direction to go. The yellow seems too much for the small room.

Comments (4)