SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dchall_san_antonio

Breville BOV845 Oven Question(s)

I'm looking for a basket for a toaster oven.

I've wanted a toaster oven for years, but my wife didn't see the need...until her childhood best friend went on and on about her Breville. So now we have the Breville BOV845 Smart Oven Pro. The is the one smaller than the "Air" version which comes with an air frying setting and basket. Rack dimensions are 11.75 by 14 inches so anything that goes inside must fit those sizes. The pans which come with it are 11.75 square. I'm thinking the reason the pan is not full length is for air circulation when the convection fan is on. The 900 Air model comes with a basket for air frying, and the basket is full size front to back and side to side. Being a basket it should allow air to circulate.

Baskets come in several styles with varying amounts of metal or even plastic. None of the baskets fit perfectly the dimensions of the Breville rack, so it seems it would have to rest on top of the existing rack. I've also thought of just using a 1/4-pan cooling rack. My concern with the cooling rack is fumbling around with it and losing stuff, because it is not a basket shape.

What about a peel or oversized spatula for the toaster oven? I've been making toasted sandwiches. The 2 bread parts get covered with cheese on one side and meat on the other and then toasted on the toast settings. Afterwards I put veggies and mayo and close the sandwich. The problem is getting the toasted parts out easily. Maybe there's a better work flow, but I remove the toasted parts to the cutting board for final assembly. I have a relatively wide plastic spatula, but a thinner one would be more ideal. I'm looking at aluminum pizza peels. Any thoughts on that?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations