SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smachugh

MSI Lavasa quartz

Mom 2022
2 years ago

Folks need some help if anyone has any experience with MSI Lavasa?
Looks prettyy close to Calacatta Vicenza. In pictures.
A search within the houzz did not give me any results.

Comments (27)

• Allison
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I am planning to have MSI Calacatta Lavasa installed in my kitchen. It's a new pattern so I haven't been able to find any pictures of it installed other than those on the MSI website. I do have a sample currently. It is a warm white, very close to Sherwin Williams Greek Villa, which is what I'm planning to paint my cabinets. There are light speckles in the background that aren't obvious from the pictures. My sample doesn't have any of the larger veining, just the short veins. I also have a sample of Calacatta Arno, which is nice too, but the Lavasa was the clear winner between the two for my family.

I took some pictures in natural light near an east-facing window.

Background is paint samples - SW Alabaster on top, Greek Villa on the bottom.

You can see the speckling in this photo. It is not obvious unless you get close to it, though.

• winger94
    2 years ago

Did you get your Lavasa installed yet? We are close to choosing this color also.

• Allison
    2 years ago

Yes, just had it installed last week. I love it!

• Mom 2022
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thanks @allison
    I had to delay the project just started picking pieces again
    Thanks for the pics. Decided on Lavasa as well

• HU-206642873
    2 years ago

Can you post pics after install?

• Mom 2022
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Will do

• lghay
    2 years ago

Just brought home a sample of the Lavasa.

To me, it appears to have more warm colors in the veining than the Vicenza.

I was also considering Carrara Breve from MSI, but the Lavasa has more some longer veins while the Breve is all very short veins.

My concern is whether the longer veining is so distinct that it will be an issue at seams or at the chsnge of.directiin for an "L". I have a very large L-shaped area that will require at least one seam.

Thoughts?

• Mom 2022
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Mine is still couple months away from
    Being installed but I decided to have it after seeing kitchen of a very closed friend.
    The pattern is so subtle and all over it’s really hard to spot any little scratches or spots .

She has a pretty good size L and did not notice anything at the seams

• Allison
    2 years ago

Here's a couple of photos of my only seam. You can feel it if you run your hand over it, and there's enough of an indention that dust and dirt can gather there, but it isn't noticable when it's clean. Luckily it's in an area that stays clean for the most part.

• Mom 2022
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@allison - how are the countertops holding up?

• Mom 2022
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@Allison - mine are getting installed next week and having last minute anxiety. How’s been your experience with kitchen stains?

• Mom 2022
    Original Author
    2 years ago

You just made me feel so Better
    Thanks 😊

• Mom 2022
    Original Author
    2 years ago

One more thing. Using any heat mat under small appliances?

• Allison
    2 years ago

Glad I could put your mind at ease! I have not used a mat under the toaster or instapot. When I use the crock pot, I put it on the stove instead of on the counter. Anything straight out of the oven goes on top of the stove or on pads. I haven't had any issues. We had corian solid surface countertops before, so this isn't anything new for me.

• Mom 2022
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@allison mind sharing what backsplash you went with with Lavasa?
    My countertop are getting installed next week and now need to start thinking about backsplash

• Patricia Beardsley
    2 years ago

The description of the Lavasa talks about the brown veins…is there gray veining as the majority? i just ordered and now am questioning my decision as I’m not really wanting the brown.

• Allison
    2 years ago

Mom 2022 - I'm just now seeing your comment. We chose a glass tile from Lunada Bay, it's their Agate 1.25"x5" and the color is Lucca silk. Hopefully this link will work for you:

https://lunadabaytile.com/collections/agate/products/brick-8?variant=41428727759001

We absolutely love the tile, it was actually the first thing we picked and chose everything else to go with it.

Patricia - I would describe the color of the veining as taupe. It isn't gray, but it also isn't brown. It's a tan/beige with gray in it. My sink (picture posted a few months ago) is a Kohler Cairn in matte taupe, if that helps. I think it looks great with the coloring of the countertops.

• Patricia Beardsley
    2 years ago

I appreciate your explanation. The picture you posted displays the coloring very well. Thanks!

• winger94
    2 years ago

I ended up with this countertop also, we love the color. I do have a close up picture, it has a copper brown tan gray look to the veins which is why we were attracted to it. It does have weird repetitive patterns that I don't care much about but we get lots of comments on the color. We did NOT want a white white color. The actual color is a warm white.

• Seema Chugh
    2 years ago

My counters are in 😀
    I am seeing the same repeated pattern as mention editing above but spread out maybe because of small L and cut for my peninsula

What would all
    Suggest for cabinet hardware if below are the two choices?

I do not have chrome anywhere in the home and have ORB and tones down orb vibe overall

• elizht
    last year

Hi all! I’m installing this countertop in a few weeks and am having last minute jitters. Can anyone post a picture a little further away so I can get an overall read of them? I’m concerned my backsplash is going to be too creamy white but i’m reasurred by those asserting this is truly a warm white. The sample looks cooler to me but maybe once it’s installed it’s warmer overall? Thanks!

• elizht
    last year

For context, here is a picture of my countertop sample next to my off white backsplash tile, agreeable gray cabinets and possible Swiss coffee walls. The countertop sample looks pretty gray/cool in comparison. Sorry, I know this thread is several months old but there’s not a lot of info out there on this quartz!

• Mom 2022
    Original Author
    last year

Almost a year and still not mailed down on backsplash. Latest one to draw the champagne bronze from the cabinet hardware against the wall

• mt20
    6 months ago

Hi All, I am installing this countertop soon and looking forward. Can anyone update as to how theirs is holding up? Does it stain? Clean well? Any tips or information is much appreciated. Thanks! :)

• R. Nav.
    2 months ago

@mt20 @elizht here is some pics that might help. I truly think it’s stunning. Very subtle. Let me know how it goes! 🏠🫶

• Mom 2022
    Original Author
    2 months ago

@mt20 - been 2 years almost and holding really well. Had a few tomato and tumeric stains along the way but nothing Mr clean with dawn couldn’t take out.