SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wildroze

Transition from engineered hardwood upstairs to LVP in basement?

Corinne
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

We originally put all the same flooring upstairs and in basement. But after two floods in the basement, we are changing to LVP for our long-term sanity (flooding issues from above and below are fixed, but we are weary from ripping out new flooring twice in 7 months and, just in case it happens again, we want something we can clean and put back in). BUT the idea of mismatched flooring also drives me insane! There is chocolate brown oak engineered hardwood on the main level, plus on the two steps down to the entry landing. The landing is tiled in 12x12 grey/brown tile. Then there are another seven steps down the basement. The LVP in the basement will be some type of rustic brown colour. The stairs are wood and not nice enough to paint, so how would you transition them from hardwood to tile to LVP? Tile the stairs (I've got enough to match)? Put some type of jute or sisal carpet (we're on an acreage, it has to be durable)? Go all the way down the stairs with the oak hardwood and then straight to LVP? This is why I wanted everything to match, lol. Also, you can see the upstairs flooring, and all the stairs going up and down, when you walk into the house (this is the back entrance which we use most often).

Comments (10)