SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jessupjl06

Sell land we just bought? share your thoughts

jessupjl06
2 years ago

we bought a piece of land this past Spring. 1/2 acre, ”city“ lot in an older but desirable neighborhood. Homes are nicer for the age and eclectic mix of styles. The seller owned this lot and the home next door for 50 years. For context there is not much ”affordable” land around here. Downside is its sloped and wooded ( we have the means to clear it and bring in fill ourselves so that wasnt a big concern for us)

Fast forward a few months and our situation has now changed (for the better) so we are considering selling that land and holding out for something better (outside of city taxes, larger and flatter).

What would you do? We dont NEED to do anything right now but curious to hear others opinions.

1) If we sell, should we wait until next spring? (I feel like buyers will be scared off that something is wrong if we sell right away)

2) should we build and use it as our practice home? (I say this half joking, but my husband is a contractor so we did plan to build ourselves. I dont need a lecture on risks and also understand we could lose money if we try to sell it too soon)

Comments (32)