SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
westes

Looking for Vendor for Pumice Sand

Can someone refer me to a vendor in North America who either sells - or is willing to charge me to make - a pumice sand with precise characteristics? If a member on gardenweb wants to do this and be paid for the time, that is an option as well. I am looking for pumice that passes through a 1/12 inch screen but does NOT pass through a 1/20 inch screen. This results in particles that are somewhere between 1.2 and 2.1 mm in size. I would buy several cubic gallons of material at a time.

I can manufacture this myself starting with a pumice product like Dry Stall, which is very far from uniform particle size. I get huge amounts of pumice dust and about 20% of each bag is the particle size I want. So if you already buy Dry Stall for your own use, you could be making the rock that I need and improving your own pumice in the process by removing the impurities and getting paid for time you might be spending anyway. I can show you how to do this process very efficiently with cheap off-the-shelf products. The photo shows the dry sifting part of the operation with two cheap plastic sieves fitted into a 5 gallon paint bucket.

Comments (13)