SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lascatx

Thank you notes

lascatx
2 years ago

We often comment about the lack of formality -- even the lack of acknowledgment, for gifts, be they for birthdays, weddings or other occasions. I just wanted to say all hope is not lost. Friday evening, my son brought me one of the best thank you notes I have ever received -- from a self-motivated student in one of his choirs.

When my son returned to school after having covid, he asked if I might bake something to say thank to the teachers who helped cover his classes and suggested snickerdoodles. My son was finishing a cookie as one of his classes came into the choir room and I guess they were curious and maybe a bit envious, especially when someone asked where he got them and he told them the cookies were homemade. Part of the day's agenda was to talk about having to work hard and make up for lost time before an upcoming performance. My son told the class that if they worked hard, got ready and were sounding as good as he knew they could, he could get them some cookies too. He told me about it so I had fair warning -- and a chuckle.

The kids got their snickerdoodles Thursday. One of the girls came up to my son and asked, "who made the cookies -- your mom, right?" He said yes, and she told him, "I'm going to write her a thank you note!" And she did. She not only thanked me for making the cookies for them, she thanked me for letting my son go into music and for raising him to be a good, funny, awesome person. Complete with the cutest drawing. It definitely goes in my Thank You Note Hall of Fame.

Comments (20)