SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stephaniebilladeau

How to make Off-white creamy trim work for a fresh bright airy theme?

Steffen Billy
2 years ago

Hi Houzzers. My dilemma is one I’ve found discussion on but no real resolution. Hoping I can. We have about 2600 sq ft of house to repaint. It’s a beautiful home but the color isn’t what I want. The entire house is full of gorgeous baseboards and crown moulding and some wainscoting throughout - all the same peaky color - Navajo White PPG which pulls a yellow tone. The color they have on the walls work but it’s not for us. I want to lighten it all up and go with a greige or grey (I know, so basic. Save the grey is out comments please!) but am struggling to find how to make it work with the trim as is because painting it all will be - well - a mega PITA!!!! Has ANYONE found a way to incorporate an off white baseboard that Sometimes pulls yellow with a greige or grey wall color? Or am I just SOL and need to paint trim too. Color below shows the mantle/ fake fireplace which is the color I’m hoping to keep and get something to match to. I pained the Accessible Grey to the left of the mantle today and am just not sure I’m sold, so would love comments on that too.

Comments (21)